Please read this Heartfelt letter from John Burns, Director of SOS Recovery Centers; http://mailchi.mp/d158cc68f25c/dec-2017-sos-recovery-community-organization-newsletter-362855
Put this on the top of your Christmas Wish List!
How awesome would it be to have a self-care day packaged and ready to go at your fingertips? Here’s your chance! Join Liz Seaman at the beautiful, sprawling Hallelujah Farm nestled in the small country town of Chester- field, NH for a day of yoga, meditation, acupuncture and fellowship. The day will also include reflective journaling, other bonding activities and a wholesome lunch.
Total cost is $70 with a $30 deposit required to hold your space on or before January 4th. Checks can be sent to Cornerstone Yoga – 815 Court St. Keene, NH 03431 – Register HERE
About the Instructor:
Liz Seaman has been leading restorative retreats for 10 years, both locally, in the Southwest, Maine and Costa Rica. She brings her warmth and humor to her teaching and excels at meeting people where they are. She is a long time yoga teacher and massage therapist. She currently works as a CRSW in the Monadnock area, as well as co-owns Cornerstone Center for Wellness in Keene, NH with her husband.
Empathy Practice Group is held on Thursdays at 9:30am – 11am at Safe Harbor in Portsmouth:
Learn to Connect To Yourself And Others
“The ability to connect with self and relate to others is the force that moves recovery forward” – and it can be learned!
Using the Connection Practice in Recovery:
• resolves and prevents conflict by increasing rapport and understanding
• taps into your best intelligence for creative problem solving
• creates a heightened sense of belonging, decreasing relapse
• develops greater self-confidence and resilience
• accelerates healing and self-forgiveness, cutting through resistance to change
How the Connection Practice Works:
Combining empathy and insight increases your ability to skillfully respond to whatever comes up in your life.
– Empathy is attained through a conscious connection to your feelings and needs and those of others at any given moment.
– Insight is accessed through heart-brain coherence, which is when the heart, mind and emotions are in sync with one another. Through coherence the reactions of the amygdala (the center of emotional memories in the brain) are reduced and you think more clearly.
For more information reach out to Angela Whiting at Safe Harbor Recovery Center; AWhiting@granitepathways.org.